Passionate about media production and information technology, my core skills are in the intersection between the technical and creative. I am a communicator and a liaison. I design and create professional quality media content, but more uniquely, I help highly technical and highly creative people work effectively together, share ideas, and solve problems.
My library and information studies background makes me uniquely adaptable in every project I encounter. My expertise lies in not only having the knowledge, skills, and training to produce professional quality media content, but in knowing how to find the knowledge, skills, and training that I don’t have yet. I am a passionate learner and researcher.
- providing technical support and troubleshooting for a variety of skill levels
- recruiting and managing large groups of creative people
- articulating and executing design needs for projects
- technical, educational, and entertainment writing in script and prose formats
- Website and graphic design and editing using Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and online digital art resources
- Creating print and digital publications using Adobe Acrobat and the entire Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Publisher, OneNote
- Finding digital resources for projects – images, sound, templates – using proper licensing and usage guidelines like copyright and Creative Commons licenses
- Project management with online organizational tools (Google Drive, Dropbox)
- Content Management and Web Design Tools (WordPress, T4, Divi, HTML/CSS, PHP, MySQL)
- Audio editing with Audacity and Reaper
- Video Editing with Adobe Premiere
- Producing content for and managing social media accounts (Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr, Reddit)